Monday, January 12, 2015
Monday Media Report: "Black Lives Matter"
On Monday, Dec. 8th, Edina High School staff members showed support in the cafeteria for African-American students in the aftermath of recent police brutality. They spoke to every lunch explaining the significance of the staff standing at lunch. However, The student reaction to the staff presence was mixed. Some students thought it was a great idea to stand up and show their support. Junior Laura Lehman, on the other hand, said, “I feel like they should have done more than just stood there.”
However, I was at lunch when they spoke to the students and noticed people disrespecting the staff by saying rude comments and even "booing" at Doc Loc when he was speaking. I agree with what Laura Lehman said because I believe that they should have done something more meaningful than just standing at lunch. Also, I talked to my friend that is African-American after lunch and she said that it just made her feel awkward.
http://www.edinazephyrus.com/group-of-ehs-teachers-show-support-for-black-lives/#sthash.HO2tCIv2.dpuf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment