Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mass Media: Reality TV

What surprised me:
What surprised me was the fact that someone could actually think they are the star of a Tv show mentally. Also, how when he took off his blind fold and he was in Korea.

What I agree on:
I agree with the fact that some people do or say outrageous things just to become famous. Now a days It seems as if their aren't as many people that get famous because of their talent anymore(The Kardashians.)

What I disagree with:
People starving themselves or doing very abnormal things for the media.

Something I'll Remember:
I'll remember how crazy this phenomenon is. I just can't believe that this actually happened.


Article:

NPR Reality Code Of Ethics:

Main Idea: How reality TV can be damaging 
Quote: "If you want to watch some of this stuff, you have to live with the fact that it exploits emotionally charged situations and could easily cause psychological harm to people."

Reality TV Debate:
Main Idea: Two people debating on " that commission form of municipal goverment is an improvement of the present system and how reality TV effects viewer time.
Quote:"Mr. Laing began, arguing that reality television saps ad dollars and viewer time that could be used more nobly; that these shows are bad for the people who go on them."

Why Do Americans Love Reality TV:

Main Argument: How hard it is becoming to avoid getting sucked into reality television. As well as why people seem to love reality TV that much. 
Quote:"Others believe that the show's secret to ratings success may be as simple and harmless as the desire to seem part of the in crowd."

No comments:

Post a Comment