Quote I disagree with: "It's a white industry. Just as NBA is a black industry. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing. It just is." -Chris Rock
I disagree with this Chris because even though that is how each industry is, it doesn't mean its okay. I don't think industries should be defined on their skin. A white man should be able to be great at basketball without being questioned. As well as, a person with black skin winning an Oscar or other type of award.
Quote I agree with: "This is a movement to say we are more than just our dresses." -Reese Witherspoon
I agree with Reese because I believe women should be asked how their careers are and their accomplishments rather than their appearance/dress. On E! network, they talk for days about "who wore the best dress and vise versa. What a woman wears should not define who they are.
Quote that Surprised me: " For 87 years, the Oscars have been a celebration of film making. And the message it puts across, however unintentionally, is hard to miss. Certain voices matter more than others."
This quote really made me stop and think. I think it's completely wrong to say and believe that only certain voices matter. No matter who you are or your skin color, your voice matters. This quote really shocked me because for years we have been fighting about equality, even in 2015, our society still doesn't treat people equal.
Quote I questioned: "It was almost like he wasn't interested in the designers. Designer Nicole Miller said, 'He seemed more interested in the celebrities and their careers.'"(The Hollywood Reporter)
I questioned this quote because what the designer said made a good point. I believe that the celebrities deserve to wear the nicest dresses because they worked hard to get where they are today. However, you don't get an Oscar for wearing the best dress, you get it for the work you have done.Quite frankly, I think it's pointless asking " who are you wearing." Reporters should be asking about the career of these stars, because in all, that's the whole reason why they are there.
Overall, I do think that there is an imbalance with racial nominations and I really hope our world understands that skin color doesn't define who you are. As for the #AskHerMore, I agree that the commentators do need to ask women more about their careers while creating a balance of fashion questioning. I enjoyed reading and watching the clips on this topic!
No comments:
Post a Comment