"This is not what I wanted to be feeling right here, right now, as I prepare to say goodbye to what has been, for most of its seven-year run, the sitcom I’ve loved the most. The endgame stakes aren’t terribly high—at least not for Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler)". Parks and Recreation has been showing on NBC for almost seven years, airing two episodes per week. Parks bold moves have been executed timidly. It’s typical of shows in their final stages to return characters or relationships to something close to their original factory settings for the sake of making a closing statement. However, Parks and Recreation hasn't been doing so according to Entertainment Weekly.
When critiquing this article I was very intrigued. I was a huge fan of Parks and Recreation, and having them announce their "final season" made me upset. However, after reading Entertainment Weekly's article on "5 reasons why 'Parks and Rec' is under-delivering" I could somewhat grasp the idea on why they are not continuing Parks and Recreation anymore. The show has played it safe for the past seven years, and they reviews were good just not good enough to continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment